It amazes me when I hear, over and over again how a socialist government set up for the United States will solve all our problems, when not a single Socialist government in human history has managed to prosper.
Yet when I ask the idiots that continue to press for this, they always give the same line,"Well, they just didn't do it right." Don't get me wrong, I think Socialism was originally a good idea Everyone gets what they need, nobody goes hungry,everyone has a job. Works pretty good for ants and bees. Unfortunately it seems like anything with a brain larger than an insect (socialists excepted) has a problem with working hard for little or no return.
The government organizations that I have worked in are very much Socialist organizations. The hard workers are actually punished in some cases for making the others look bad. The politicians in the organization seem to get ahead. And the managers were idiots for the most part with a tenuous grasp on reality. Why is this?
1) High performance individuals will become disgusted with the system and leave at the first opportunity.
2) Low performance individuals know they can hide and slide, and stay around for ever with minimum effort
3) Managers are not held accountable for their division's performance, but for their minority recruiting and ability to kiss butt
4) Government labor unions hold enormous power with legislative bodies
5) Tax increases are supported by these government labor union interest groups and have a bigger megaphone than tax relief groups.
Margaret Thatcher once said, "The only problem with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other peoples money." The question is, when their money runs out what is going to happen next?